- Fall 2014: the long overdue "field guide" to DOD accessories
- Someday(?): noiseguide.com-style user reviews
- September 15, 2014: Photos of reviews of three original series, two Performer series, seven FX-series, one PDS series, and four reissue pedals were added to the Reviews section of the FX literature index.
- August 19, 2014: Again, no update of this site, but after a year of development, the good folks at GetLoFi.com announced that their replacement DOD battery covers -- both lip-style and hinge-style -- were now available for sale at dodbatterycover.com. I don't have one yet, but will buy my own soon. From the announcement page, you can tell they spent a lot of time to get it right, and appear to have improved upon the lip-style cover. Finally, the lip-style cover is also available as a kit. (Now, if we could convince them to also make Performer- and Performer A-series battery covers....)
- June 2014: At the summer NAMM show, Harman announced four pedals: a reissue of the Envelope Filter 440 (2014), the new DigiTech Drop and Luxe pedals (both derived from portions of the latest Whammy pedal), and a reissued/slightly redesigned Bifet Boost 410 (2014), now with a selectable Buffer On/Off toggle switch.
- May 13, 2014: Photos of three different ads were added to the Advertisements section, and scans of four different reviews were added to the Reviews section of the FX literature index.
- March 13, 2014: In addition to contributing to this site's FX tech info page, DOD fan and eBay member *madhornet* alerted us to a chrome'd DOD 'Awards' pedal that recently sold for $35 on eBay. According to the original seller's item description, "DOD used to award these chrome pedals for years of service to their employees." Thus, it was little more than a paperweight that made for a cool trophy, but could easily be modified into a functional effects pedal. Has anyone else seen similar DOD "trophy" pedals?
- March 7, 2014: User reviews, including DOD effects reviews, are back online at Harmony Central.
- February 21, 2014: Scans of 16 different reviews and blurbs/product announcements were added to the Reviews section of the FX literature index.
- January 2014: At the winter NAMM show, Harman announced two pedals: the Supernatural Ambient Stereo Reverb pedal, which looks like an updated version of the discontinued Hardwire RV-7 Stereo Reverb (but not marketed as a Hardwire pedal), and a newly updated Bass Whammy.
Older site updates: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
home FX index America's pedal? field guide serial no. info FX literature
what's new? FX tech info links disclaimer/legal/contact us